The demographical factors
As my characters in the film are 15-25, my target audience, being 15-25 would feel that there is a connection and would feel that the trailer is being aimed towards them.
Although, I don’t think that the gender of my audience would be specifically one type, however, I would say that male genders are more likely to be interested in horror. I do not believe that my trailer or film will target any specific sexuality as well. The majority of those in my trailer are male so this alone may get the male audience feeling that this film is for them.
As the age range is quite low, I don’t think that occupation has too much to do with my audience. Unless those watching have the same occupation to my characters in the film (ghost investigators) or in an occupation relative to supernatural beliefs.
My film is set in an abandoned angle battery so not much of the surrounding location is shown. However, it is obvious that it isn’t in a city and would be seen as most likely being in an old quiet town. I think that the audiences who live in an area similar to this or have these sorts of locations would be more interested in my film.
I don’t think that political ideology is really relevant to my film or trailer as nothing is shown about the culture or background of that country that would affect my audience in any way.
In my opinion, class is much less significant that age and gender when it comes to who is interested in my genre of film. Although, lower class may be more attracted to the gore and violence (maybe because they are more exposed to this in life), I don’t think that this is a huge factor to consider.
Educational levels may contribute to my target audience as the characters that are in my trailer and film are students. As my target audience is 15-25, they would most likely be students so this could make them feel more like the trailer is being aimed at them and that they will easily be able to connect with the film and the people in it.
The main factor that would make my audience is the general interests. This is what most people are trying to connect with a film so they know they will enjoy it. Those with an interest of the supernatural or of the TV programme (Ghost hunters or Most Haunted) that my film is based around will be the people who will be interested in my film.
No comments:
Post a Comment