Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Committee of advertising practise

The codes that apply to my trailer:

Harm and offense

1) Advertisements must not include material that is likely to condone or encourage behaviour that prejudices health or safety

-I will ensure that although in my trailer, what my characters are doing could be potentially dangerous; I will not glamorise or show it in a positive way.

2) Advertisements must not include visual effects or techniques that are likely to affect adversely member of the audience with photosensitive epilepsy.

-I will make sure that when editing my piece, I will try not to put flashing images that will cause this.

3) Advertisements must not be excessively noisy or strident. The maximum subjective loudness of advertisements must be consistent and in line with the maximum loudness of programmers and junction material. Broadcasters must endeavour to minimise the annoyance that perceived volume imbalances could cause, with the aim that the audiences need not adjust the volume of their television.

-I will make sure that my volume is relatively consistent unless I intend to use a lower volume in order to create suspense

4) Advertisements must not condone or encourage violence, crime, disorder or anti-social behaviour

-I will do the same for what I will be doing for code 1

5) Advertisements must not distress the audience without justifiable reason. Advertisements must not exploit the audience’s fears or superstitions.

-I will keep this in mind when I am filming and editing to make sure that my shots are not to distressing unless necessary for my advertising.

Recognition of Advertising

1) Television advertisements, except for programme promotion, must not refer to themselves in a way that might lead viewers to believe they are watching a programme.

-I believe that my piece will not give this impression.

2) Advertisements from editorial content, especially if they use a situation, performance or style reminiscent of editorial content, to prevent the audience being confused between the two. The audience should quickly recognise the message as an advertisement.

-As my trailer is style reminiscent of an editorial content, I will be careful to make the different obvious for my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment