Monday, 4 April 2011

Update - Editing: Day 4

I have now completed my editing and am pleased with my final piece. There were many problems that I face; however, I feel I managed to successfully overcome them. Music and sound effects was the main problem that I faced.


The pieces of music that I originally chose for my trailer didn’t blend well with the previous tracks and didn’t quite match what was going on on the screen. Once I had found the right piece of music, I then needed a sound effect to help the transition between the two. This took the longest time as I needed it to be the right length and right sound. Sound effects were so difficult for me to find that on some parts of my script, I had to leave out some of them such as the glitching noises, girls laughter and a loud metal bang. However, I managed to work around this and use a fast paced music track instead.


Once I had put all the clips into order, I then started putting the narration over the top. There weren’t any major problems in this area other than the quality of the sound itself. Although the length of the narration suited to length and order of my clips, there was a faint buzzing sound mixed in with the voices. It wasn’t to noticeable but it made it clear when the clip cuts out. I tried to space them out a bit and hide it under the music but it was one problem I couldn’t completely avoid.


As far as following my script is concerned, it was very much different to what I had originally planned my trailer to be like. I did use the basic order though, and some sequences were very precise to what I had it my script. The reason I changed it was based on the way it was filmed, whether it blended well with the music and just generally the appearance of it. I wanted a rhythm to the way the shots were cut, so it changed drastically to suit the music. The way I had filmed it affected it as some shots were to dark, some were filmed different because of problems on the filming day. So although I didn’t quite follow my script, I made sure this was all for the right reasons and that I did follow the basic outline I planned.


There were no other major problems I face finishing my piece. Overall, it went quite smoothly and very pleased with my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment