Monday, 21 March 2011

Update - Editing: Day 3

Editing, this week, has been the most successful I think. I am now much more comfortable with using Adobe Premiere Pro and can use all the tools I need very well. There were no problems with the software at all and the only issues that came up were more to do with music, however, I feel I have overcome this problem.

So far I have edited about a minute into my trailer and have also included some music into it. The first track worked very well with my video. I may need to figure out how to play around with the volume so you can hear the narration over the top. The only problem that came with this track is the transitioning into the next one. As it’s not the end of the track I will need to find a way to transition them together so it flows smoothly. I have tried to add the transition affect where the track decreases volume until its silent and then starting the next one but feel a loud noise in between may help with the atmosphere I want to give. The choice I had originally chosen to my next track will probably change. I don't feel it worked too well with the video. Although it does have a creepy feel, I think it may be to over the top.

I have decided that I will begin to follow the script more precisely in the second half of my trailer. I felt that, will all the extra shots I did, I could edit something much better than my script. As my second half is more diagetic dialogue, following my script would be better.

To overcome the problem of adding in the narration at the end of editing my video, I made sure that most of the shots within the first half of my trailer are able to get longer or shorter to suit to length of the audio clip. This would mean that I don’t have to worry too much about the timing as I’m editing and just get the order I think works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment