So far, in editing, I have learned the basics of Adobe Premiere Pro cs4. Although I worked with this software for my last project for AS, I needed to know more about the effects available on there and how to cut small sections from a large clip in the preview area because of the lengths of the clips I captured.
I came across many problems when editing the second time. When opening my film that I had previously started, nothing was playing. Once I had closed the programme down and restarted it, it managed to fix itself.
I then had problems with the video and audio link. When I pulled a clip down from the preview area, only the video would show up on the timeline and not the audio. This is probably due to how I was putting in my narration. I would use the drag audio only button in order to do this and it seemed there was no way to reverse it. I therefore had to start my whole piece again. This time I decided it would be better not to adjust any of the audio until I had all my shots in order. Although it may stop this problem occurring again, I am going to find it much more difficult to figure out how long the shots should be when there should be a voice over on top. I am hoping that when adjusting this towards the end, it will not effect my film very much.
When I started putting all my shots in order, I then wanted to add effects to them in order for one shot to blend into the next one. It took me a while to understand how this worked as I kept dragging the effect bar to far on the next shot causing three images to be blended together. It took me a while to get my head around how to use this effect, however, I do understand now. When previewing what I had done, the image seemed to glitch a lot. I had done the effect correctly so am thinking it’s to do with the shot itself. I’m hoping that it’s just with these two shots that I blended together as I would like to repeat this effect throughout my film.
Because of the way I have filmed, I am not following my script so strictly when editing it. Although, it has proved much more difficult when choosing where some clips should go, I can be much more creative. It has allowed me to experiment with effects and when something goes wrong with my script, I have many other clips I can replace it with.
As time is going to be a potential problem due to problems booking the editing computers, I wanted to make sure I understood ways in which I could edit more quickly. As well as cutting from the preview area, I am adjusting to using the keyboard to do most of the work such as ‘I’ and ‘o’ for selecting what I wanted to cut and then the comma to drag that down to my time line.
For the moment, as well as concentrating on the editing, I am trying to understand Adobe After Effects so that I am able to add the glitched shots I wanted. So far, I am finding it quite difficult and complicated and am hoping there are tutorials on YouTube for this effect rather than using the help bar which I thought was far too complicated. I didn’t find many useful effects on Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 which is why I am going to be using After Effects. Although I am still learning how to use this software, I am well aware of how to add the clips I have made on there, easily to the Premiere Pro timeline.
Overall, although I didn’t get much of my film done, I still think this day was successful. I learned more about the software, such as effects and cutting, as well as learning time saving ways of editing. I think that if so many problems hadn’t occurred, I would have got much further with my editing, however, I now know how to overcome these problems if they ever happen again. It has made me aware of how long I am going to need to complete my film. I don’t think that the time I will be able to book in the college computers will be enough so am hoping to use a friends computer who has this software to help me finish it on time.
No comments:
Post a Comment